Quick & easy instant bookings for Dart Stables - The River Wild
At the head of Lake Whakatipu lies Glenorchy, the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Park and Te Wahipounamu, one of New Zealand’s three UNESCO World Heritage areas.
Internationally recognised for its exceptional beauty and untouched qualities, the area has been showcased in the Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings trilogy as well as other big screen films.
There really is no better way to experience this breath-taking landscape than on horseback. The colours change with the seasons and the stunning mountains and glacial fed rivers are spectacular year round.
We spend a lot of time with our horses, assessing their capabilities and personality, so that we can provide a suitable match for each rider.
Our walking-paced horse treks have access to more than 350 acres of property. Walk alongside beautiful glacial-fed rivers on all of our treks and immerse yourself in the magic of this untouched landscape.
What to bring:
* Comfortable full length trousers.
* Riding boots or a sturdy shoe with a low heel. For safety reasons you won’t be permitted to ride in flat soled shoes with no heel but don't worry you can use a pair of our boots (just bring an extra pair of thick socks with you).
* Extra pair of thick socks
* Jumper/fleece and a pair of gloves during the cooler months
* Small camera which has a neck or belt strap. If you don’t have either make sure you bring a jacket/top/trousers with a zip up pocket which can accommodate your small camera.
*.. and for the gentlemen, good fitting underwear (trust us on this one!)
Every client is provided with protective head gear which must be worn at all times during the ride for your own safety.
Rides depart from Dart Stables, Coll St, Glenorchy
* 1 Hour River Wild Experience (formally Hobbits' Hack)
A delightful introduction to horse riding for children, first-time and intermediate riders. This gentle trek gives riders the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular sites of breath-taking Glenorchy as they build up their confidence on our friendly horses.
* 2 Hour River Wild Experience
A gentle walking-paced horse ride along beautiful braided rivers and stunning scenery in the Dart Valley.
Ride through some of New Zealand's most stunning and awe inspiring scenery.
This two hour long adventure offers spectacular scenery of Te Wahipounamu, the South West of New Zealand UNESCO World Heritage site.
502a Wairakei Road, Harewood
Christchurch New Zealand