Quick & easy instant bookings for Dart Stables - The River Wild
A beautiful 2 hour ride at the head of Lake Wakatipu.
Our most popular product, a beautiful 2 hour ride at the head of Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand’s longest lake.
Riding alongside braided, glacial fed rivers this adventure offers river crossings and spectacular scenery, including views of The Misty Mountains, The Wizard’s Vale and The Mighty Methedras.
Depending on the weather we will ride to either the Rees or Dart river valleys from our base at the end of Mt Alfred. The scenery in both directions is amazing and an unforgettable experience for all levels of rider and a great option for mixed ability couples and groups.
Please help us tailor this to your ability by providing us with information on your riding experience, and number of times riding.
Suitable for all levels of rider
Please note for safety reasons it is 1 rider per horse.
For the health and wellbeing of our horses and client safety we have a strict rider weight limit of 95kg/210lbs/15st. Please note this and provide accurate weights when booking. We reserve the right to weigh all customers on the day of the ride and if they exceed the rider weight limit, they will not be permitted to ride and a full charge will apply and no refunds will be provided.
What to bring:
* Comfortable full length trousers.
* Riding boots or a sturdy shoe with a low heel. For safety reasons you won’t be permitted to ride in flat soled shoes with no heel but don't worry you can use a pair of our boots (just bring an extra pair of thick socks with you).
* Extra pair of thick socks
* Jumper/fleece and a pair of gloves during the cooler months
* Small camera which has a neck or belt strap. If you don’t have either make sure you bring a jacket/top/trousers with a zip up pocket which can accommodate your small camera.
*.. and for the gentlemen, good fitting underwear (trust us on this one!)
Every client is provided with protective head gear which must be worn at all times during the ride for your own safety.
For safety reasons backpacks or bags are not permitted to be carried by clients whilst on horseback.
Rides depart from Dart Stables, Coll St, Glenorchy
Child: $179 (7 - 15)
502a Wairakei Road, Harewood
Christchurch New Zealand