Easy instant online bookings for Elite Adventures
1. Eco Thermal Park Tour - Geothermal Rotorua Tour
Visit Rotorua’s most natural and popular geothermal parks.
* Wai O Tapu
* Lady Knox Geyser
* Waimangu Volcanic Valley
* Boiling Mud Pools
* Rainbow Mountain and it’s craters
* Lady Knox Geyser Rotorua
Geothermal Rotorua Tour
The tour departs daily 8:00-8:30am and returns 12:30-1:00pm.
Pick up from accommodation then drive through forestry and farmland to NZ’s largest boiling mud pool. Your guide will then show you a series of colourful hot springs and volcanic features at Wai-o-tapu. Then see the Lady Knox geyser eruption at 10.15am.
Next a short drive to the Waimangu Volcanic valley where your guide will explain the Mt Tarawera eruption which blew open this spectacular, bush covered, geothermal park, winner of NZ Eco Tourism Award 2001.
Adult - NZ$155
Child 5-15 - NZ$105
2. The Tribal Footprints Tour
Take a journey with a local guide in the footprints of the Maori tribe “Tuhourangi”
The afternoon is spent learning about the history of the eighth wonder of the world, the pink and white terraces and the great 1886 eruption of Mount Tarawera that destroyed both the tribal village and the terraces.
To bring the story alive visits are made to:
* The Buried Village
* Whakarewarewa Living thermal village
* Lake Tarawera, Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) and Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake)
* Views of the Mt Tarawera Volcano
* Buried Village - history of RotoruaThe tour includes a beautiful native bush walk to a waterfall and Lake Tarawera lookouts.
Tour departs 1:00pm and returns at approximately 5:00pm.
Adult - NZ$135
Child 5-15 - NZ$85