Quick & easy bookings for Appellation Wine Tours
Appellation Wine Tours is Queenstown’s leading premium wine tour operator with 20 years of experience. Award-winning wine tours are led by expert Wine Guides that ensure you get to experience the very best of what Central Otago has to offer.
Departing daily from Queenstown, our daily wine tours take you off the beaten track into the heart of Central Otago. Visit two contrasting wine-sub regions (Gibbston and Bannockburn /Cromwell) where you will get to taste the differences and appreciate both.
The region famous for its outstanding cool-climate wines, boutique vineyards, dramatic scenery and a fascinating pioneering history – the perfect South Island and New Zealand wine tour destination.
Tours are led by expert Wine Guides with a wealth of knowledge of local sights, history and everything wine.
Boutique Wine Tour:
Immerse yourself an afternoon amongst the boutique vineyards and splendid alpine scenery of Central Otago. Visit 4 premium vineyards over 2 contrasting wine regions, learn about the wine and pioneering history and visit the Historic Precinct of Old Cromwell.
Included in the tour:
* Enjoy 12-15 tastings at 3 vineyards over 2 contrasting wine sub-regions (Gibbston and Cromwell/Bannockburn basin)
* Relax amongst good company with a delicious light platter lunch at a 4th vineyard
* Choose a glass of premium wine with lunch
* Visit Old Cromwell Town (time and weather permitting)
* Stunning drive through the Kawarau Gorge whilst learning about the early pioneering history of this rugged region
* View the historic Kawarau Bridge and the original AJ Hackett Bungy
Tour departs: 11:00am
Duration: Allow 5.5 hours
502a Wairakei Road, Harewood