Quick & easy instant bookings for Foris Eco Tours
Explore the Stunning Tongariro National Park!
We travel to quiet corners of the park, take in stunning scenery, and learn about the rare alpine life and geology of one of the most dynamic environments on Earth.
We spend the day exploring NZ’s dual-listed World Heritage Site park. We craft a day walk to suit you, including the best scenery, stunning waterfalls, and spectacular geology. We go to places off the beaten track, avoid the Tongariro Crossing, and enjoy New Zealand’s first national park.
* Pick up / meet in Rotorua at 8.00am or Taupo at 9.00am
* Start the day with the Taranaki Falls walk (two hours), take in stunning views of Mount Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe, continue on to the Tama Lakes if fitness allows (four hours) or add Lake Rotopounamu if the group wants an easier walk).
* Lunch on route as day allows
* Return to Taupo / Rotorua
8:00am or 9:00am
* Note: Minimum age 8 years
502a Wairakei Road, Harewood