Quick & easy bookings for Martinborough Wine Tours
The highlights of your personally crafted itinerary Pinot to Palliser Tour include:
* Be driven in our luxury 6 seated VW or 11 seated Hiace Van, over some of the youngest land in New Zealand. Pushed up out of the sea by plate movement this soft rock has eroded into fantastic shapes.
* You might want to start the day with a coffee at a café in Martinborough or, when open, at the Land Girl Café in the old blacksmith shop in Pirinoa (usually summer only.)
* We drive through the Ngawi fishing village with its fishing boats and the bulldozers usinmg to hep launch and return the fishing fleet.
* Marvel at the weird and wonderful rock formations caused by the strong Cook Strait winds and weather.
There are great photo opportunities all along this coast and often views of the Kaikoura mountain range in the South Island.
* On the way see the colonies of seals that live and bask along this coastline.
* Climb up to the Cape Palliser Light house and enjoy stupendous views over Cook Strait to the South Island, (optional climb).
* Visit the historic Lake Ferry Hotel for lunch.
Once back in Martinborough enjoy a visit to a local vineyard and experience their line up of wines.
Tour start time is flexible, usually 10.00 or 10.30am from Martinborough. A pick up can be arranged from the Featherston Railway station or your accommodation in Martinborough. Tour finishes by about 4.00 p.m.
502a Wairakei Road, Harewood