Quick & easy instant bookings for Bush and Beach
Be taken on a magical journey through Middle-earth and Hobbiton movie set
Travel south from Auckland over the Bombay Hills to the rich farmland of the Waikato region. Your journey takes you through undulating green hills reminding you that you are approaching The Shire. Your driver guide will give you commentary on the way to Hobbiton with insights into the areas you are travelling through, along with some background to the movies.
On arrival at Shire’s Rest you embark on your Hobbiton movie set tour, seeing 44 hobbit holes including Bilbo's house, "Bag End", the Mill and double arch bridge and the Party Tree, taking in views of the whole Hobbiton town to the hills in the distance.
The tour concludes with a visit to the Green Dragon Inn where you will enjoy a complimentary ale, cider or ginger beer.
After the tour your sumptuous buffet lunch is included at the Green Dragon marquee before heading back to Auckland.
- Lunch at Shire’s Rest Café
- Free souvenir voucher
- Return transport with full commentary from Auckland
- Bush and Beach guide with you for the whole day (no transport changes for your return to Auckland).
- Admissions and guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Ale, cider or ginger beer at the Green Dragon Inn
- Pick up and drop off at selected inner city accommodation
Operates 364 days of the year 7am - approx. 3.15pm
Child (4-14 years) $165
(Includes hotel transfers, admissions, lunch, drink at the Green Dragon Inn, souvenir voucher)
502a Wairakei Road, Harewood